Sunday 14 December 2014

War Of The Ring

I'm going to get back into rules development by looking at my Fantasy adaptation to the Thomas Rules. I never covered the War of the Ring period in the Middle Earth version and with all the current interest in the Battle of the Five Armies film this winter, this looks like a good time to focus some effort on this project and help me get back into the swing of it.
 
My preference is to model it on the SPI game War of the Ring which I used to play back in the 1980s. This featured artwork which still captures the imagination and has that wonderful board map representation of Middle Earth which can be used for all sorts of things. As a further evolution there is the prospect of linking the Board Game to the wargame battle simulation which looks interesting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment