Tuesday 21 July 2015

Napoleonic Skirmish

I wanted to develop a Board game adaptation of the Neil Thomas skirmish rules I was using for my miniature games so I painted up some Airfix French and British infantry, using primary colours only and basing them on 1.5cm square bases.
Combined with the C&C board I played out a quick standard game, drafted the board conversion and then had an enjoyable French v British encounter where the action centred on a small chateau and surrounding woods and farmland. I used the Command Event determination which introduced the necessary friction. It had a board game look but miniatures game feel and I was quite satisfied as to how the rules developed. The level was small scale with my units composed of eight musketeers and one sergeant. A captain commanded two or more units and this game fielded two units a side. I now need to draft a modern WWII version to play out some small scale infantry action with my old Airfix figures.  

No comments:

Post a Comment