Saturday 27 November 2010

Seven Years War Playtest: NPW Modifications

I finally got round to playing a game this weekend. The last of my Napoleonic
adaptations to other H&M periods. This time a Frederick impersonator pitted
against a wily Austrian commander.

The game played out very nicely and I particularly liked the way the Prussian
rapid fire ruling of half move combined with firing, allowed the Prussians to
advance on the Austrians and still inflict attritional casualties. Put a lot of
pressure on the defensive force to match the Prussian musketry.

The Austrians were good in defended positions, however, in this game the
Prussians seized the initiative early and managed to get to occupy most of the
prime locations early on.

I've been focusing on some research and a backlog of rules drafting to get all
my Modern periods and AMW sub-periods onto the word processor.

Now I'm free I'll get back to some more games and might even start rolling out
some painted forces!

No comments:

Post a Comment