Tuesday 25 June 2013

Middle Earth: Third Age Eriador

I've completed my rules adaptation for this specific setting in Tolkien's Third Age dealing with the Northern Kingdom of Arnor and the emergent successor states which waged a number of wars against the Witch-King of Angmar. It is now posted in the Files Section of the Yahoo Group webpage.

I've posted it as a standalone version comparable to my C&S Archaeron adaptation of the AMW Rules. I'm quite pleased with how these turned out and hope to fight some battles over the coming months to see how they play out. I've been able to reflect my thoughts on a Dark Age / Early Medieval cultural overlay onto the various forces and factions. There is a bit of artistic license in my interpretation but I was generally motivated by a desire to keep the fantasy low key, albeit with the infusion of non-human races and some limited magical powers.

No comments:

Post a Comment