Sunday 27 March 2016

Memoir'44 Game Play; May 1940

Several purchases and birthday presents later sees me having to get through my stockpile. What a burden! First up was a game of Memoir'44 to get the French figures in the Equipment Pack into action. I chose the first scenario Canal De La Haute Colme which pitted an elite SS Regiment - Leibstandard Adolf Hitler no less against a couple of entrenched French infantry regiments.


A close game which saw the Germans attempt a bold right flanking move but finally performing a successful push through the centre spearheaded by the armour units and well supported by elite motorised infantry - all infantry were deemed elite which proved quite decisive in getting troops deployed into potent positions and bypassing the static French defence.



 The French did launch a counter attack which almost halted the German advance but it wasn't enough and the Germans scored 6 medals by turn 8. The French had 4 so a pretty close affair.

It looked really good. I used the Italian artillery in the Pack to substitute for artillery to maintain the overall grey colour. Suppose for tanks I will have to use Shermans, however, there is the possibility I could draft in Churchills from the pack if I wanted a grey scheme. 

Once again M'44 delivered an excellent gaming experience. 


No comments:

Post a Comment