Saturday 16 September 2017

My Collection: Panzerblitz (1970)

Here is one of the earliest games from Avalon Hill introducing the concept of a tactical level boardgame simulation. I played a couple of games back in the 1970's with my friends. I recently acquired it again at a reasonable price. Dated 1970 it is the oldest Avalon Hill game I have in my collection so far.



The cover artwork is highly evocative and atmospheric. It really captured a young imagination back in the day. It comes with a background booklet which covers the major weapons, vehicles and Eastern Front history nicely.


The board is pretty rudimentary but still highly functional. I love the retro feel so I'm not complaining.

Counters and scenario "situation" cards.
The cat enjoyed playing the Germans!

No comments:

Post a Comment