Sunday 17 September 2017

Tanks!: Skirmish Game

I got my copy of the Gale Force Nine Tanks game system which simulates tank v tank duels and small scale armoured skirmishes. It uses 15mm tank models and a variety of cards to drive play and provide chrome with the use of special abilities, personalities and superior equipment.
Here are some pictures of the initial setup of the introductory scenario. I need to get a 3' x 3' board - this one is 3' x 2' so it's not big enough but will do for now if I decrease the deployment zones and top / bottom areas.

A lonely Panther lurks to the south west.

The two Shermans move in from the north east and make a cautious advance. A pincer move would probably be best to prize out the German tank. 

Here are the cards that describe the Tank statistics and fighting capabilities. 

I have a few of the other Expansion Packs that provide a tank model and specific cards to use in the game. Here is my Tiger I, Panzer IV and Jagpanther. I also have a Jackson, Stug III and extra Sherman that I need to construct. They don't take long to assemble and can be used unpainted at this stage. I need to get some basic terrain to substitute for the card woods and buildings. With some painted vehicles this should give a nice look and fun game.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment