Friday 11 May 2018

My Collection: Waterloo: Quelle Affaire!

This was a recent addition to my collection from last Christmas. I wanted to start amassing some Waterloo simulations as I've always been fascinated by this battle - ever since the amazing film Waterloo was released in 1970. This inspired a great deal of my Napoleonic wargaming and historical interest and it probably remains my favourite period. 

My other variants are the Airfix Waterloo Wargame which has a more nostalgic appeal rather than as a simulation and recently my purchase of Command & Colours: Napoleonics which has a Waterloo scenario. I've also experimented with an adaptation of Napoleon's War: 100 Days using my Risk figures with the C&C mapboard and hex counters.

This game was going at a very reasonable price and I think I got a bit of a bargain as it looks attractive and the component quality is pretty good. The board and setup is atmospheric and the mechanics seem adaptable to solo play. 
Here are the great men themselves providing a bit of characterisation.

No comments:

Post a Comment