Sunday 6 May 2018

Battle Cry: Monmouth 1778

I wanted a challenging battle to play my Battle Cry conversion for 18th Century conflicts and used the Monmouth setup on the Napoleonic Command & Colours website. This shows a whole list of American Revolutionay War scenarios.
I played the Americans under Washington. Here was what it looked like using my Risk figures.



I got off to a promising start and my luck continued with the drawing of some good cards. My stout Continentals generally got the best in the close fought infantry contests - must have been all that Valley Forge training. The British had a rally towards the end of the battle with some effective charges of their Dragoons but by then had too few units to challenge my advance. I also had a large reserve which could be deployed. 


The game was fought on the right and in the  centre where my co-ordinated infantry assaults won the day. The cat provided intermittent assistance. I'm not quite sure of her loyalties though!
Medic!




No comments:

Post a Comment