Wednesday 25 April 2018

My Collection: Airfix Battles

I added this to my collection last year as I was looking for a simple and fast playing WWII skirmish game that could be played with both miniatures and as a boardgame. This fits the bill and also scratches the Airfix nostalgia itch allowing me to deploy my old packets of plastic 1:72 scale figures and model tanks.
I didn't get much beyond setup as the cat interrupted play with an artillery bombardment - translation - she sat on the board and lashed her tail too vigorously.
Inititially I was apprehensive that it might not look that good when setup. I was very pleased to report that not only did it look great but also encouraged my desire to play this sometime in the future. I'll use the counters first and while assembling my WWII collection that I'm going to use for Bolt Action, deploy whatever Airfix models I have. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment