Friday 8 April 2011

Some More Alternative Periods

I've been doing a lot of work recently in exploring some alternative periods I
hadn't looked at in detail the first time I tried to go through all the period
adaptations I was interested in at that stage.

This has thrown up quite a number of interesting sub-periods that I've created
alternative rulsets based on AMW, NPW and Introduction or additional army lists
with Special Rules.

Great Northern war, American-Mexican War, Jacobite Rebellion, Dutch Wars / Nine
Years War, War of the Austrian Succession, War of 1812, American Plains Wars.

One that I'm particularly involved with now and am trying to organise some
figures to play a few test games is the New World / Conquest of Mexico time
period. I've created a number of period specific rules which I'm quite pleased
with and Army Lists for all the Mexican area combatants in the Renaissance
Period adaptation in Introduction, including Conquistadors, Spanish Colonial
etc.

I was wondering if anyone in the Group has experience of this period and could
recommend some good sources, resource sites on the net, blogs etc.

I already have Ian Heath's book dealing with these armies on my Amazon wishlist.

No comments:

Post a Comment