Sunday 8 May 2016

Battle Cry Variants: US Mexican War

Here are a couple of variants I tried out for the excellent Battle Cry board game. First up was a US Mexican War adaptation where I copied suggested rules on the Board Game Geek forum, used my Risk figures and setup using the First Bull Run scenario in the ACW 150th Anniversary Edition.

The Mexican were Green with Militia denoted with yellow figures. The Americans were largely blue with volunteers bearing rifled muskets represented in black. It was quite an exciting contest - the Americans had a number of command and unit quality advantages. The Mexicans were hampered by specific limitations on artillery and cavalry charges. These all combined to give the scenario quite a distinctive feel. I started feelinfg a bit sorry for the Mexicans so as I solo these games I might take on the role of Mexican General next game and play more an AI v Player format.

Here are the pictures:

Initial setup

Close up of the Mexican line - this was before I added the additional units as I realised I didn't have enough Green and Blue figures to cover all the units required.


Here is the outcome. A convincing American victory with a significant penetration of the Mexican right.





The Cat enjoyed it too!


No comments:

Post a Comment