Saturday 4 March 2017

My Collection: Conquistador SPI 1976

Here is my SPI Strategy & Tactics Magazine Issue #58 copy of Conquistador which recreates the 16th Century exploration and conquest of the New World (North and South America) by the major powers of Europe.
This was brought out in 1976 and was one of my earliest introductions to board wargaming way back when I started secondary school in 1977. I had many pleasurable hours exploring and carving out colonial empires. 

This is a copy I picked up from Board Game Geek a couple of years ago as I never owned my own and used a friend's at the time. I still plan to purchase the Avalon Hill version as it includes a mounted board and box but it's not on my priority list.
The game map is covered with tables and charts which is very retro but I still like it's overall scope and rules mechanics. I'm toying with solo rules mechanics to allow me to play a multi-power conflict. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment