Sunday 19 March 2017

My Collection: Avalon Hill's Starship Troopers (1976)

Bugs Mr Rico! Zillions of 'em!
Yes, some real "old school" science fiction. The superb Avalon Hill version of Robert Heinlein's Starship Troopers brought out in 1976. I didn't have my own copy back in the late 1970's when I played this the most but I managed to get a copy recently for my birthday off BoardGameGeek and for a very reasonable price. The game is in fine condition, the box which is a bit worn but perfectly acceptable. 
 



I love the artwork and feel of the game. There are some solo amendments that I will try out which I've downloaded aswell as the review in The General Magazine.
I usually played the Terrans in my adverserial games back in the day. I've virtually forgotten the rules which from memory seemed quite complex but not as so as say Squad Leader.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment