Sunday 19 March 2017

Zulu Battle Cry: Experiments for a Rorke's Drift Scenario


I'm exploring how to get a good representation of Rorke's Drift for Battle Cry and have been considering counters and miniatures. I do have some 6mm Zulu War British and Zulus, largely unpainted that I could use. Here I have taken my C&C Ancients board and hex tiles and set out the dispositions of the opposing forces.





I like the look of the arid board and hex tiles. What I need are tiles which show the Buildings and defensive perimeter. I might paint and then draw on some walls / sandbags or perhaps create some cardboard buildings, or see if there are any top downs I can print out. 

Concerning figures I was thinking of utilising 1/72 scale plastics which would give me more of a skirmish level look. The Hat ones look good. 

Siege style games are always a favourite genre for me and I'm looking at recreating the Alamo and a medieval castle siege. 

The cat decided to defend it's stronghold when it was time to put my C&C game away!


No comments:

Post a Comment