Monday 12 March 2018

Battle Cry: Gettysburg Second Day

The setup for this scenario involves all the available infantry figures and the majority of the artillery units. It features famous landmarks such Little Round Top, the Wheat Field, the Peach Orchard and the Devil's Den so plenty of historical features to battle over.


I tried a slightly different unit setup by arranging the infantry as three figures in a line and with the standard bearer placed behind them. It looked good and seemed to simulate the more ragged line look of ACW regiments.
This black and white picture reminds me of the photos in the old wargaming books such as Wargaming by Donald Featherstone.  I might start editing some of my photos with this filter to get an old school feel.



I played the Union side so I moved the board around so that my forces were directly in front of me. I used a very basic AI for the Confederates which involved drawing half as many cards as entitled rounding up - in this case three - and playing the best and discarding the rest to select a fresh hand next turn. 

The game was great fun. My Union forces managed to hold off a concerted Rebel assault on Little Round Top and just like the historical outcome the Confedertes were repulsed. My forces also managed to target the enemy generals which helped a lot in getting to the target seven flags.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment