Friday 16 March 2018

Memoir'44 Sci Fi: Using the Pegasus Bridge Scenario

I wanted to play a quick game of Memoir'44. What better way than to have another go with the first scenario, Pegasus Bridge. I always feel this is a daunting challenge for the Allied player and on most occassions they have lost in both the boardgame and on-line simulation mode.


I decided to use the solitaire rules I'd employed for my earlier Battle Cry game where I gave the AI opponent a choice each turn in selecting the best card. I wanted a science fiction theme so I pitted the Andrayadan against the Colonial Union Defence Force, the former substituting for the German defenders.


My CUDF forces had poor cards and this proved decisive with the Andrayadan putting up a formidable defence and blunting all my attempts to seize the objectives. It didn't take my opponent too long to reach the four medal target.

The cat helped with the tidying up.



No comments:

Post a Comment