Thursday 15 March 2018

My Collection: Fortress Europa Avalon Hill (1982)

I got this excellent WWII board game simulation of the Allied assault on Europe 1944-45 as a recent birthday present. Like all my AH bookcase games I love the cover art and old school feel of the counters and internal design.

Components were all in good condition and although it looks well played it is still very presentable. The mapboard shows most of Western Europe in three sections.


The counters and play aids are very functional, I just need to absorb the rules and play a game or two.
It is viewed as a sister game to the Russian Campaign so with my Panzer Armee Afrika I'm able to simulate most of the major European and Mediterranean theatres. To complete my wishlist I still have to purchase a copy of France 1940 which I did used to own back in the 1980s but sold on when I was a student, probably to fund my roleplsying fix at the time.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment