Saturday 17 March 2018

My Collection: Stellar Conquest Avalon Hill (1984)

Another one of my Bookcase games produced by Avalon Hill, this one a classic 4X space exploration and empire builder. I believe it inspired a lot of video games which came later.


The artwork is very retro and the overall look reminds me of the 1950s science fiction vision. When I play this game I put myself in that kind of placeand not the more modern Star Wars / Star Trek representations of the future.



There is quite a lot of paperwork and a record sheet for each player needs to be completed. I suppose this is a feature of the time the game was published. I don't really mind this that much but playing the game solo becomes quite an involved experience. There are some good solo rules in the Avalon Hll General magazine that I'm going to use.

I did get some assistance from space cat, perhaps a little too much!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment