Saturday 12 October 2013

Conclusion of American War of Independence Game

I completed my AWI game to a satisfactory conclusion with a convincing American victory over the British attackers. The American General Stokes held a solid defensive line which repelled the British under General Hupton. They were trying to secure control of the North Turnpike at Ridley Junction and push further North to meet up with further British forces landed in a recent maritime deployment.

The battle itself was played using the solo rules which again worked very nicely. The game also gave me a great opportunity to try out a series of my special rules I've developed for the period and I've used this experience to make some modifications and improvements which should deliver better results.

Overall, the British forces were of excellent quality but not in enough quantity to make a concentrated assault and with some favorable American die rolls early on, which eliminated two of these crucial units, the British were always faced with an uphill struggle. They did finally retire in good order to the south of Ridley Junction, to await reinforcements from the North.

Great game, my first in ages.   

No comments:

Post a Comment