Sunday 20 October 2013

Federation Future History Adaptation

I have resurrected the project I started earlier this year to develop a Future War adaptation of these rules to the Blake's Seven BBC TV Series universe of the Federation. The game is pitched at the squad / platoon level of small combat team skirmishes. 

I've a list for a Federation Strike Force which is composed of troopers and Mutoids. These are humans that have undergone a special conditioning to make them absolutely obedient to their handlers and part of the conditioning involves the removal of all memory of their past lives. They function as pilots, technicians, bodyguards and shock troopers. 

I still need to draft some rebel forces and a few of the opponents the Federation faced in expanding its sphere of control during the series programs. I've watched all the First Series and have now started on the second. Personally I was less interested in the program once Blake was lost but still enjoyed the Avon character which I think is brilliant. A great show which should give some interesting scenarios if I trawl through the more convertible programs. Straightforward Federation v Rebel encounters with location specifics such as bases, industrial plants, tunnel networks etc. should provide the bulk and I might try to create some tables to determine random scenario setups which incorporate the series quirks and idiosyncrasies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment