Saturday 15 July 2017

Command & Colours Napoleonics: Waterloo

I wanted to setup the Waterloo scenario from the base game. This took a while but it was worth the effort. I was trying to finalise a setup style of arranging the blocks based on what, to me, gave the best look and feel of a Napoleonic battlefield.



The first view was spaced out blocks like those shown in the game rules booklet.




The second setup appealed to me more. This involved bringing the individual blocks together so that they formed single consolidated blocks. This has the advantage of speeding up setup and maintaining unit integrity as manipulating a consolidated group is easier than keeping a spaced formation of blocks.

In the end it's all down to personal preference but since I play solo I don't have to worry about pleasing my opponent!

No comments:

Post a Comment