Sunday 2 July 2017

My Collection: Avalon Hill's Russian Campaign (1974)

I managed to get a nice copy on e-bay of Avalon Hill's 1974 Russian Campaign and for a very reasonable price. 

I've never played this game before but it looks like a classic early design. The components are very nice and the artwork stunning. An atmospheric addition to my collection. 




The orders of battle are a nice feature and the rules don't look too intense, and it seems to be an excellent way to simulate the greatest struggle in human history. 

I'm interested in building up a definitive collection of the Avalon Hill titles - primarily the historical but also other genres that take my interest. This, and my purchase of Wooden Ships & Iron Men, is my first venture into the non bookcase games.

No comments:

Post a Comment